Humor me ... I'm new here (March 30; from MySpace)
Current mood: pleasantly indulged by distractions
Happy Valley is aflutter today, and why not -- sunny blue skies, warm weather (AccuWeather says we'll get to 69 today and 74 tomorrow! Finally!), students (and me) with anything but classes on their minds walking right below my window!
It's hard to concentrate on work ... which makes it tough trying to fill out my self-evaluation for the boss in advance my review, which is in less than two weeks. (yipe!) I'm told it's not a big deal, but I so like this work (not to mention the benefits) and am so self-critical that I want to do my best. I feel like there's a lot of potential in me if I'd only *focus* on just one thing for a moment and not get distracted by something else that sounds more entertaining and interesting! I suppose that until I find my dream job, work is still a four-letter word. heh.
I still dream of the day when I can be a woman of leisure and sit in the sunroom ('cause in this pipedream I have one -- and it's painted a cheery lime-yellow, with lots of large plants and a great view of the back yard, of course, through the willow tree branches) and read, then sketch or paint ... something (eh? how do you hold a brush, btw? My grandmother would cringe if she could hear me say that! I should so take a class...), then play or sing some music, then write my latest Erma Bombeck-esque column or chapter (one of my childhood dream jobs) then venture outside to the garden and clip some flowers for inside, then ... I dunno ... scrapbook or sew or do some other girly crap like that. ;-) Now fingerpainting ... ooh, no, Play-Dough! -- that is about my current speed artistically.
OK, so I adhere to principles of hyperbole and understatement. And stream-of-consciousness writing. hee.
OK. I've edited this thing so many times that I have to vow not to touch it anymore, so I'm gonna go now and post this thing before I erase it in its entirety and realize that, regretably, I *still* haven't gotten up the nerve to write a real, live, actual blog.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home