Peri•Patetic Rambles

Take a walk with Peri's mom as she navigates this crazy winding path called Life. Peri•Patetic Rambles is part tribute to my schnoodle -- a Westie wannabe who fearlessly bolted from my front door into the world (and sometimes onto busy roadways) and lived life to the end with unabashed tail-wagging, face-licking, snout-investigating zeal and wonderment -- and part amusing miscellany from the gutsier, zanier inner me. P•PR aspires to capture life lived Peri•lously.

Friday, July 14, 2006

And the girl keeps runnin', runnin' and runnin', runnin'

Last night, after much procrsastination b/c it was disgustingly humid ... and OK, so I was feeling lazy ... I tried out some evening running to see how jolted or tired I would be for bedtime upon my return. I'm pleased to say that when I got home at 9:30 after 4.5 miles, I was sufficiently alert to get some chores done (um, a load of laundry -- I don't have that many exercise outfits ... yet :-D ) yet appropriately tired after my shower and reading time to zonk.

I did wake up at 4:30 briefly, but that may be, um, 'cause I drank about a gallon of water when I got home. I don't want to have to be investing tons o' cash into equipment for a form of exercise that technically requires no equipment except shoes (and the stupid runner's watch that my cousin helpfully recommended but I can't for the life of me remember how to use properly -- I erased my time when I was trying to stop the chronograph, so I'm not exactly sure if I was at 56 or 57 minutes ... grrr). But maybe it might not be a bad idea to have a supply of water on me so I don't dehydrate during the run. It might help me get through longer runs, and since I'm training for a 13.1-mile run, maybe one of those silly-looking Camelback water backpacks might be in order. Ugh -- am I turning into a running geek? ;-)

Now if only those pesky pounds would start falling off! Um, maybe I should lay off the extra Tootsie Rolls that seem to have become an afternoon staple in my "diet" ... ahem ...! (Can't Hershey's make some calorie-free chocolate?! C'mon! Help a girl out! ;-) )

1 Comments:

Blogger barbp said...

Hersheys has carb smart chocolates but they still have calories.

Get the water bottle my friend, I don't think it will make you look like a geek. A person who had been running who is now collapsed on the ground unconcious from heat stroke, now that looks like a geek.
;-D

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home